Monday, September 30, 2013

#7

So...I guess I'm leaving tomorrow. I would be lying if I said i wasn't nervous, but I'm far more excited than I am nervous, so it's all good! This week has just been so incredible, and I learned so much I'm surprised my brain hasn't exploded.

So the rest of our district left us on Monday and Tuesday morning, so it was really quiet for us 5 Fort Lauderdalers that had an extra week. On Wednesday, the new Haitian Creole district came in, so it kind of livened up a bit more. However, now all our classes are directed towards them, so we just go to another room and study all day. At first I wasn't the biggest fan because I couldn't really concentrate on studying for 12 hours every day. On Thursday, though, I started reading the book of mormon again from the beginning. I just finished Alma last night, so I've read a good 380-ish pages in three days. I don't know why, but I've gotten so much more out of it this time, and it's hard for me to put it down, even when my brain is fried. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has never been stronger, and I can't wait to go and out and help other people gain their own testimony of it as well.

On Saturday, we had another TRC, but this time we were told that it was in English instead of Creole. I wasn't super excited for it, just because it wasn't in our language. However, right before we went in, we were informed that she was a non-member and this was her first lesson. Ever! So maybe I got a little nervous...
Anyway, we got in there and started off with get to know you type things and a prayer. Her name is Stephanie, she goes to BYU law school, and her friends have been pestering her to go and talk to the missionaries, and she finally gave in. The beginning of the lesson was kind of weird because I kept accidentally bringing up things like prophets which she had no idea about, and at one point we got into the whole Plan of Salvation thing, which is just a huge topic for us to cover all at once. The lesson kind of morphed into her asking us questions and us answering them and bearing testimony. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon, which was fine by me! At the very end, I bore my testimony and asked her if she would commit to start reading the Book of Mormon. She said that many people had asked her to do that before, and she just hadn't been interested, but this time she felt different about it. She said that she knew that we truly believed everything that we had talked to her about, and because of the great feelings she got from us, she would start reading! I just about exploded! It was such an amazing experience. Maybe I even shed a good tear or two during a testimony. Am I ashamed? Well, maybe a little:) I walked out of that experience wanting to baptize everyone, though, which I haven't really felt like before. BAPTIZE ALL THE PEOPLE! So yes, that was definitely where I felt the spirit strongest since being here, and I'm so grateful that we were given the opportunity to do that. There's no way that this gospel isn't true. it's just not possible. And right now, I want more than anything else for other people to learn about the gospel and be able to live with Heavenly Father and their families in heaven forever! Two years away from my family so others can be with theirs forever. Not a bad deal.
Oh, I also got a blessing from one of my companions (by the way, I'm on companions 5 and 6 now, since we're in a trio). Anyway, I won't go into specifics of what he said, but I do know a few things now that I had no idea of before. Some hard things are going to happen while I'm out there. I'm going to be put into dangerous positions, but I will be protected and kept from harm no matter what happens out there. I know this for a fact, so don't worry about me if you hear of something bad. It was also mentioned quite a lot that I will be a very special tool in the hands of the Lord, and that I will be able to bring many souls unto Christ in a very unique and helpful way. I have no idea what this means, but I'm so excited to find out!

Well, I'm heading out tomorrow morning around 2:30 am. So long MTC, it's been fun and all. Thank you all for your letters, prayers, and love. It's helped me through a lot. I can't wait to get out there, realize I'm awful at this language, and teach as many people as I can with the knowledge that I do possess. Love you all so much!!