Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Bitter-Sweet End (Week 25)

Well folks, it's been another strange week. I've got some good news and some I'm-not-sure-how-i-feel-about-it news.
So, we had our dreaded transfer call last night where we find out who stays and who transfers. And guess what? For whatever strange, twisted reason, they decided to send me straight to Assistant to the President...so...that's interesting. The thing is, I have no idea what I'm doing still so, should be quite the experience. The other thing is, I'm totally kidding. Haha, but I am transferring. I don't know if I'm sad or happy about this. It is about time for a good new area, but at the same time, I've gotten so close to the members and our recent converts here, so it will be sad to leave them, but hey, it has to happen at some point, right? Oh man, it shall truly be an interesting day.
I was over at Guerda and Guillermo's house yesterday and told them that I was leaving Wednesday morning. Guerda started crying and said I have to come back for my wedding party. So apparently I'm getting married and the reception will be in Coconut Creek. You're all invited! Woohoo, party at Gatsby's house!!! Just kidding, but it was pretty funny. I'm definitely going to miss a lot of the people there. She also asked to see a picture of the fam, but I didn't have one on me so, naturally, I told them to look up our music video on youtube. Apparently they loved it a lot. Guerda told me that she wants her family to be like ours. She also said I have the whitest body ever, so nbd. Maybe I should get an award or something:)
On to the miracles! So remember two weeks ago when I was talking about Joseph Vilsaint and how he didn't want to be baptized because of his situation. He wasn't too comfortable with being baptized because he wanted to be in a more stable situation to do it. But we shared the story of Peter walking on water and how he needed to act on his faith in order for the miracle to occur. He loved it, and ended up being baptized two days later! Right after he was baptized, he just yelled, "I've been reclaimed!!" It was the coolest experience I've had with a baptism thus far. I'm so grateful for the Spirit and the huge influence it has over helping being make these great decisions in their lives. So we've got quite a few recent converts who should all be getting callings and the priesthood pretty soon. I won't be here for it, but hopefully they send some pictures of them in the future:) 
Marie-Andre ended up being shipped back to Haiti...sad day, right. She was at peace with it when she left, though, and she promised me that she would find the church over in Haiti and get baptized as soon as she could. And she's got my email so when she sends over pictures of her baptism I'll forward it to you.

Well, that's about it for this week. Now I get to go pack. Woohoo!! Psych, I hate packing. But hey, it must be done, so I'd better get started. Love you all muchly and shtuff! Elder Claude loves you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment